Yay! I just completed one of several goals I set myself when I first went to work at Surreal.
I’m now part of the background crowd “walla” for the game we’re working on. It’s not exactly getting my Sean Connery impersonation into a game in any form, or doing any of my european accents, but still, it counts!
So what have I achieved so far on my list?
- I’ve worked in Tech, Tools and Gameplay. I wanted to get exposure in all areas so that (heaven forfend) when I eventually set up my own company, I know how people do it these days, from direct personal experience.
- Shipped a game on a modern architecture (the old 8 bit systems don’t count for much these days) – namely, The Suffering: Ties That Bind.
- Wrote some dialogue for our currently unannounced game (it’s a couple of lines here and there in the older story pieces – most people don’t even know that I did it – and that includes people working here).
- Got my voice in a game. (Yeah, I know, as background, but still, it means a lot to me).
- Have code shipped in some major titles – and some that haven’t shipped yet. (My code is, to date, in Stranglehold, TNA Wrestling, Wheelman, our unannounced game [obviously], possibly the next Mortal Kombat game, and possibly Blitz 2008… and one of the systems I architected is used across Midway to handle crash reporting and post-mortem debugging).
- Worked on all the major current platforms (except the Wii and the DS, unfortunately).
Not much left to do… time to come up with a new list 🙂